TOEFL® Test Preparation (30 lessons/week)
This course has been updated to help international students prepare for the TOEFL® iBT exam to gain acceptance to a North American post-secondary institution. All sections (reading, writing, speaking, and listening) of the TOEFL® iBT test are covered extensively by accentuating special skills and strategies that lead to more efficient test taking. With a maximum of 14 students per class, our instructors are able to provide the individual attention each student requires to succeed.
This course will help students:
- Increase their overall TOEFL score
- Develop confidence and special test taking techniques
- Improve Accuracy in Speaking, Listening, Writing, and Reading
- Textbook: Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL® Test: iBT - Second Edition
- Weekly Quizzes: There will be a quiz at the end of each week in each of the four skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening) to monitor student progress.
- Assignments: Students will be given homework assignments to help practice the concepts covered in class.
Our TOEFL® Preparation Course is full-time and courses are held Monday through Friday. Students work with our experienced TOEFL instructors, and the most up-to-date, effective textbooks and materials available. We use a two-part approach to the TOEFL® Test Preparation Course. First, focus is placed on improving students’ overall English skill and ability. Students work on vocabulary building, critical listening and reading, essay writing, and speaking. Second, students focus on building TOEFL skills and understanding test strategies in order to receive a better score.
We help students familiarize themselves with the types of questions TOEFL® test typically covers. At the end of every week, students sharpen their skills by taking practice TOEFL® tests - a great way to build test taking stamina and to monitor individual progress and improvement. At the end of each four-week session, each student has a one-on-one counseling session with their teacher in order to develop an understanding of their current strengths and where they need improvement. Upon completion of the course, students receive a GEOS Certificate indicating their achievements.
TOEFL® Test Preparation Features
- Course Duration: 12 weeks
- Exam fee: not included
- Course begins every 4 weeks
- Teacher-lead instruction, no self-access
- Effective practice of the four skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing
- TOEFL® test skills and strategies
- TOEFL® test resource materials students can use after school everyday
- Creative learning activities
- Small classes; Maximum of 14 students per class
- Professional, experienced, attentive instructor
- 1 Lesson = 45 minutes
- Enrollment every week
- Special services
TOEIC is a registered trademark of Educational Testing Service (ETS).