Integrated Skills- Level 1
This course will help students develop basic language skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing English. Students will learn the basic skills they will need to communicate basic needs in English. They will have a lot of opportunities to practice in class and will learn skills they will need to communicate with English speakers outside of the classroom.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Ask and respond to simple, routine and predictable questions about personal information.
- Communicate some basic needs in informal conversations.
- Understand key words, some phrases, simple commands or directions and short sentences in simple conversations on personal topics.
- Read a simple text that is related to daily life and experience: routine events, descriptions of people, places and things and simple instructions, etc.
- Write a few sentences and phrases about topics that are familiar to the student: family, travel, food, health, etc.
- Show some control over basic grammatical structures to communicate basic needs.