IELTS Preparation (30 lessons/week)
Our IELTS Test Preparation Program will help students develop their listening, reading, writing and speaking skills in preparation for the IELTS® Test. The aim is to introduce students to special test taking strategies that will help them reach their IELTS® test goal. Students will prepare specifically for the listening and speaking modules, as well as the Academic Reading and Writing components. Mini tests will be administered throughout the IELTS Test Preparation Program to track the students’ progress.
Note: Students interested in pursuing an education at an English speaking university or college are expected to do well on the IELTS Test. We suggest enrollment for level 5 and 6 students to be able to manage the demanding nature of this course. Take a look at our course levels here.
This course will help students:
- Improve their listening, speaking, academic reading and writing skills
- Develop test-taking strategies specifically for the IELTS® test
- Improve their IELTS® test scores in all four skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- IELTS® Textbook: O’Connell, Sue. 2010. Focus on IELTS new edition. England: Pearson Longman
- Class Participation: Try your best to come to all your classes and participate in them
- Quizzes: Your teacher will administer mini-tests to track your progress
- Small Projects: Your teacher may give you small individual or group assignments and homework
IELTS Preparation Features:
- Course Duration: 12 weeks
- Exam fee: not included
- Course begins every 4 weeks
- Maximum Size of Class: 14 students
This program does not require approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training. As such, the registrar did not review this program.