TOEIC Preparation 5 & 6
This elective is designed to help advanced level students in IEP Levels 5 and 6 develop introductory language and test taking skills. The elective is intensive in nature and requires a lot of work on the students’ part. Students not only develop their language skills but also focus on developing test taking strategies and critical thinking skills that will help them prove to evaluators that they have the required skills needed to work in an English speaking company.
By the end of the elective, students will:
- Develop strategies that will help you to activate existing language knowledge and connect it with new information.
- Develop strategies to help you identify problems related to structure.
- Develop reading strategies such as skimming and scanning.
- Develop listening strategies such as listening for key words, making inferences and identifying main ideas.
- Develop critical thinking skills.
- Become more comfortable with assessing your own progress.
- Develop test taking strategies that will:
- Help you to pace yourself while completing different tasks in a test
- Develop your decoding skills in understanding what tests are asking