Business Communication 5 & 6
This Business English elective is designed to prepare advanced students in IEP Levels 5 and 6 to use English in their present or future work situation. Special focus is given to the development of key vocabulary, social language and practical functions within a business context. Students will be given plenty of opportunities to practice realistic tasks in class, and will be given the tools and skills they will need in common professional situations.
By the end of the elective, students will be able to:
- Give a well organized, formal presentation
- Understand and respond appropriately to professional telephone calls, emails and letters
- Use appropriate language in social situations
- Create a cover letter and resume suitable for local job/volunteer placement
- Interview for local job/volunteer placement