Academic Writing 5 & 6
This is an advanced level Academic Writing elective designed to prepare students in IEP Levels 5 and 6 for writing essays, book reviews, reports and summaries required in College and University courses. You will learn how to write an academic essay with a thesis statement and supporting ideas. You will get a lot of practice in writing academic reports that are organized, clear, and logical with an introduction, supporting paragraphs and conclusion. Even though this is a writing elective, you will have a lot of opportunities to talk, read and discuss interesting themes. If you want to use English for academic purposes, you will need to have good writing skills. This elective will help you refine your writing skills and increase your enjoyment of writing.
By the end of the elective, we hope that you will be able to:
- Write academic essays, reports and summaries.
- Express your ideas and yourself in writing.
- Use your writing skills for different purposes.
- Edit your own writing and be able to give feedback to others.
- Enjoy the writing experience.