Active Listening-Level 5
This course is designed to help students solidify their intermediate proficiency while at the same time it touches on some beginning skills students will need to develop advanced proficiency in spoken English. During this course, students will communicate with increasingly higher degrees of fluency and spontaneity with native speakers. Students will become much more confident with participating in conversations.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively and actively in most daily practical and social situations.
- Participate in formal and informal conversations involving problem solving and decision making.
- Demonstrate an increasing ability to respond appropriately to the formality level of a social situation.
- peak on familiar topics at both concrete and abstract levels.
- Follow most formal and informal general conversations.
- Use and understand an expanded inventory of concrete and common idiomatic language