High School Pathways Program
SC GEOS High School Pathways – North America: High school preparation and facilitated entrance to chosen High School in Canada.
Gain experience in the Canadian education system studying with native English Speakers. SC GEOS – will prepare you the necessary English training in order to be accepted into Canada.
You will be then eligible to apply to college or university as a Canadian Graduate. For more information and a personalized study program please contact us at email@example.com
How to Apply
There are several steps that student needs to pass in order to apply for SC GEOS High School Pathways Program:
Only students between 14 to 18 years old.
1. Complete High School Questionnaire* and Online placement test: www.geos.net/english-test.htm
2. Send test results and answered Questionnaire to High School Pathway Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Upon agreeing with the Study plan and choosing the institution, student has to send at pathways@geos .net
- SC Geos enrolment form
- Parents Full Names, Address, Date of birth and Telephone number
4. You will receive Study Plan including information about selected High School.
5. Fees and Documents
- 40% of SC GEOS tuition fee (refundable) *Depending of the study plan
- CAN/USD$250 SC GEOS registration fee High School program (non-refundable)
- CAN/USD$60 mailing fee (if required; non-refundable)
- CAN/USD$800 SC High School Care Package fee* (Custodianship, Emergency Contact, Academic reports from the school)
- Translated Academic Transcripts of the three last years of school
- Other academic program related documents outlined by Pathways representative
- Application form to the High School
- High School Application Fee, deposit and Tuition (if required)
6. Start the program with English for High School Academic purposes (IE – Intensive English 30 lessons a week – 22.5 hours) at one of the SC Geos - Study Centers.
7. High School Pathway Team facilitate transition: campus tours, interviews with academic advisors, information sessions, as needed.
*What is the High School Care Package Fee?
CAN/USD$800 High School Care Package fee is for the services provided by SC GEOS High School Pathways team including (but not limited to): selection of the institution, education plan, help with application and documents, familiarization with Canadian / US education, transition to the institution.
Types of High School Education in North America
Private – Mentions to schools run by private entities, unaffiliated with the government. (Credit Program) for students wanting to gain credits during their program in a Private school, typically smaller class sizes and uniform required.
Public – Mentions to schools run by a governmental authority. (Credit program) For students wanting to gain credits during their program in a Public school, typically larger class sizes and no uniforms.
Boarding – Mentions a residential private school. Students actually live in dormitories or resident halls on the school's campus. This schools represent the elite school system. In America most boarding schools operate from 10th grade through 12th grade with several schools offering 9th grade. Boarding school offers everything in one neat package: the academics, the athletics, the social life and the 24/7 supervision.
- Year – (Credit) 10 months of class. From Aug-Jan / Sep-Feb / Jan-Jun.
- Semester - (Non Credit) for students wishing to come to Canada or the USA on a cultural exchange and not requiring credits. 5 months, from Sep-June. *This program is not offered by all high schools.
- Trimester – (Non Credit) for students wishing to come to Canada or the USA on a cultural exchange and not requiring credits. 3 Months. *This program is not offered by all high schools - Check the availability and starting dates of the program.