University and College Pathways from GEOS
Get a degree or diploma from a North American Institution
Our list of Institution partners keeps growing with new programs of every type. Please check the latest version of the list to stay up to date!
Whether you want to study accounting, manage a company, work with a 3D printer, work in a hotel or get into a graduate program we can help you.
SC-GEOS has decades of experience and we have helped thousands of international students reach their educational goals!
We have 8 locations across North America:
- Canada: Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver* and Victoria*
- USA: New York, Los Angeles - Torrance**
Start Date: Every Monday, year-round
Length: Study period depends on students’ English ability
*This program does not require approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training. As such, the registrar did not review this program for Victoria and Vancouver.
**Offered as service. We do not have this program in the US.
How to enter University or College through SC GEOS Pathways program:
With so many partners, there are many different kinds of relationships! While many Colleges and Universities have no testing for SC GEOS students, there are 3 ways to enter into our partner institutions.
- Direct Entry: Apply to the Pathways Program and achieve the language level/grade required to directly enter into one of 100+ universities/colleges without TOEFL, IELTS or another language proficiency exam. SC GEOS Pathways partners in North America recognize official SC GEOS Language Certificate as proof of the required level of English proficiency.
- Institutional Assessment: Complete the necessary SC GEOS level (level 5 or 6) and pass the standardized English Assessment at your chosen college or university. No TOEFL or IELTS required.
- TOEFL/IELTS Preparation Program: SC GEOS Language Schools will prepare you for the IELTS or TOEFL examination that will open the doors to an English speaking university or college! Our study centers in Toronto, Victoria, Vancouver and New York will even pay for your test! (contact our pathways representative for details)
How to Get Started
We make it easy for every student interested in our Pathways Program to start the application process. Just follow the steps below to get your application started today!
- Complete the Pathways Questionnaire and online placement test
- Send test results and filled-in questionnaire to the GEOS Pathways Team at pathways (your test results and questionnaire will automatically be sent to a team member) @geos .net
- Receive a personalized study plan from the Pathways Department with suggested universities and colleges that fit your needs and wants based on the answers from your questionnaire and placement test.
- Choose one of your suggested institutions (or discuss with a Pathways representative other options) and send us:
Canada USA GEOS Enrolment Form
(by email or register online)
GEOS Enrolment Form
(by email or register online)
Passport Photo Passport Photo (GEOS) Affidavit of Support Bank Statement Current Address
- To receive your GEOS Letter of Acceptance, students are asked to submit:
- 40% of English course tuition fee (refundable)
- $150 registration fee (non-refundable)
- $60 mailing fee (if required, non-refundable)
- To receive your conditional letter of acceptance from selected university or college, students are asked to submit:
- $300 university placement fee
- Application form to the university/college
- Translated academic transcripts
- High school diploma
- Other academic program related documents (if necessary)
- University/College application fee and deposit (if necessary)
- Start your Pathways Program at selected GEOS school and prepare yourself for your academic future!
Why do I need a letter of acceptance?
An official letter of acceptance will support and facilitate the visa application process (similar to the conditional letter of acceptance from a university/college)
What is an I-20?
An I-20 is needed to apply for for the F-1 US student visa
Why do I need to pay a university placement fee?
The $300 university placement fee is for the services provided by the SC GEOS Pathways team including (but not limited to): selection of the institution, education plan, help with application and documents, familiarization with Canadian/US education system and transition to the institution. We will waive this fee if you register for 24+ weeks.
Can I contact the GEOS pathways team if I have questions or concerns about the program or University?
Of course! Anytime! Email us at pathways@geos .net
What are the approximate university/college application deadlines?
|Semester Attending University/College||Application Deadline|
|Fall 2016/2017||July 2015/2016|
|Winter 2016/2017||November 2015/2016|
|Spring 2016/2017||December 2015/2016|
What is the difference between university and college?
Generally, Canadian and American colleges have part-time and full-time diploma (2 or 3 years), certificate programs (1 year or less) and Bachelor degrees in applied areas of study.
Colleges are more directly career-oriented offering hands on skills, which students can apply immediately upon graduation.
Colleges also have pre-trades and apprenticeship training programs, which help students enter the field and get hands on experience. Colleges are known to have programs in agriculture, health science, art or military.
Universities on the other hand commonly offer undergraduate (bachelor's) degrees and (Master's and doctoral) programs.
Undergraduate degrees usually take 3-4 years of full-time studies to complete. An "honours degree" (the fourth year) is usually required if you want to go to a graduate program (Master's degree). At many universities students are allowed to combine subject areas (e.g., a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biology) into a "double major."
Many universities have professional programs, such as medicine, dentistry and law. Often, you can begin these programs after 2 or 3 years of undergraduate study.