This is where GEOS makes the difference to students - by giving extra time to speaking and listening, GEOS students make better progress.
In Active Listening English Language Courses, students will cover a variety of topics while practicing English conversation management, conversational styles, and pronunciation. Students learn commonly-used idioms and slang in a communicative way.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Provide and exchange key information for complex routine and non-routine situations.
- Interact to coordinate tasks with others, to advise or persuade and to reassure others.
- Follow a broad variety of general interest and some technical topics.
- Comprehend an expanded range of concrete, abstract and conceptual language.
- Can determine mood, attitudes and feelings.
- Have extensive practice speaking English
- Infer speaker’s bias and purpose and some other attitudinal and socio-cultural information.
- Understand and use sufficient vocabulary, idioms and colloquial expressions to follow detailed stories of general popular interest.